Key Contact: Nancy Dole
CPC's Research Services work together to provide services to the center's researchers to address a wide variety of population issues. Research Services is comprised of professional staff who provide expertise and efficiency to the research programs and explore the application of new technologies and advanced methodologies to assist center Fellows in their innovative research.
Professional staff who are managed centrally and hired to serve in permanent positions provide a continuity for research projects. The Research Services staff have an institutional knowledge about the research and understand the breadth and depth of services available at the Center, thus releasing the Fellows to concentrate on the scientific goals of their work. The organization of these units within Research Services has built synergies that benefit all research and training at CPC.
Research Services are organized under the direction of Nancy Dole, CPC’s Deputy Director, Research Services. Specific services are described in detail under each unit.
- Carolina Demography: a program of demographic application and outreach focusing on population characteristics and change in North Carolina, its regions, counties and communities.
- Information Technology Services: computer systems administration, user support, and security
- Research Communications & Library Services : research and library resources, services, and assistance
- Research Programming Services: services for data-related activities of research projects, including data entry, cleaning, management, and dissemination, and statistical analyses
- Spatial Analysis Services: geographic information technology applications, spatial database design and development, spatial modeling, satellite image processing and analysis, global positioning systems data collection, and cartographic production
- Web Services: custom web application programming, web site design and implementation, web application administration