Information Technology Services
Key Contact: Tim Van Acker
Information Technology Services provides a state-of-the-art, stable and secure computing environment to support the research and training missions of the Center. These services allows researchers to have a research computing environment that supports their work from the conceptual stage through data collection or acquisition, analysis and dissemination, and project administration, thus freeing CPC fellows to focus on the research. Staff work closely with all Center project staff and core staff to meet their needs.
Services provided include:
- management of a stable server environment with research and administrative software, storage, print and communications capabilities
- provision and/or management of computing power for data analysis
- desktop, laptop, and PDA evaluation, purchase, configuration, installation, and support
- personalized training and software-specific FAQs
- assistance with developing, reviewing, and monitoring data security plans
- management of a secure data facility
- video and web conferencing support
- software evaluation and recommendations
- Because of the rapid changes, staff strive to provide these services while working closely with campus resources who provide some research computing services at the institutional level.
If you have special needs, problems, or issues of systems policy, discuss them with Tim Van Acker. CPCers with hardware and software questions or problems should email email@example.com. This mailbox is monitored by the IT staff who will respond accordingly.