The CLHNS Team
At the Carolina Population Center
- Dr. Barry M. Popkin, Professor, Department of Nutrition, and Fellow, Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina, coordinated the first phase of the CLHNS.
- Dr. Linda S. Adair, Professor, Department of Nutrition, and Fellow, Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina, has since taken over all coordination and lead researcher activities on the project.
- Dr. Karen Mohlke, Department of Genetics
At the Office of Population Studies Foundation, University of San Carlos, Cebu, Philippines
- Socorro Gultiano, Ph.D. (Demography), Director
- Judith Borja, Ph.D. (Nutrition)
- Alan Feranil, Ph.D. (Demography)
- Josephine Avila (M.A. Sociology)
- Tita Lorna Perez (M.A. Population and Reproductive Health Research)
- Delia Carba (M.A. Population Studies)
- Nanette R. Lee (PhD (Nutrition), M.A. (Health Social Science)
- Isabelita N. Bas (M.A. Health Social Science)
- Paulita Duazo (B.S. Statistics)
- Sonny Agustin (M.A. Demography)
- Office of Population Studies Foundation website
Collaborators at other US Universities
- Dr. Christopher Kuzawa, Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology; Director, Laboratory for Human Biology Research, Northwestern University
- Dr. Thomas McDade, Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology; Director, Laboratory for Human Biology Research, Northwestern University
- Dr. Michelle Hindin, Associate Professor, Department of Population, Family and Reproductive Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University
CPC Programmers and Staff
- Frances Dancy
- Phil Bardsley
Other Filipino Consultants and Co-investigators
- Dr. Florentino Solon (Director, Nutrition Center of the Philippines)
- Dr. T. Fernandez (Cebu Department of Health)
- Dr. Corazon Barba (Professor, University of the Philippines, Los Banos)
- R01 HL085144 NIH/NHLBI, "Obesity Development and CVD Risk Factor Clustering in Filipino Women & Offspring"
- R01 HD054501 NIH/NICHD "Modeling the Developmental Origins of Adult Disease Risk Factors"
- R01 DK078150 NIH/NIDDK "Genetic Epidemiology of Body Mass Index, Adiposity, and Weight Gain
- R03 TW008133 NIH/Fogarty "Relating multiple dimensions of stress to CVD risk in Filipino adults collaboration"
Website design and maintenance