|Position Type||Permanent Staff (EHRA NF)|
|Department||Carolina Population Center-631100|
|Working Title||Web Developer|
|Appointment Type||EHRA Non-Faculty Research|
|Position Posting Category||Information Technology|
|Salary Range||Dependent upon Qualifications|
|Full Time/Part Time?||Full-Time Permanent|
|Hours per Week||40|
|Posting Open Date||09/22/2021|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Proposed Start Date||10/25/2021|
This position will work with the current web developers to ensure that internal systems (activity and results monitoring, financial, travel and trip reporting, LOE reporting, KM request, project intranets, etc.) remain updated and functional for specific project needs, as well as develop new internal systems as needed. Additionally, the position will support and/or develop external-facing systems (websites, data hubs, data consolidation systems requested by USAID, etc.) and will ensure the teamâs capacity to be able to respond to programming needs requested by funders. Applicants with experience in machine learning/AI will be sought in anticipation of future needs.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and maintain web sites and applications for the Carolina Population Center and its projects. A strong emphasis is on developing management information systems (MIS) that provide functionality such as developing work plans, tracking financial budgets and expenditures, tracking deliverable completion, and producing routine progress reports. This position will work with a team of developers under the supervision of the Web Development Manager in CPCâs IT Services unit and in conjunction with project-specific teams.
Masters degree and 1-2 years experience or Bachelors degree and 2-4 years experience or will accept a combination of related education and experience in substitution.
|Qualifications and Experience||
– Experience designing and querying complex MySQL or MariaDB database schemas.
– Strong attention to detail with ability to proceed with shifting requirements, adapt to changes in priorities, manage multiple tasks concurrently, and manage workflow processes under time sensitive project deadlines.
– Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, including international audiences.
– Ability to work well as a member of a team and/or independently, with limited day-to-day supervision.
|Equal Opportunity Employer||
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Â
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
|Department Contact Name and Title||Annette Cytryn-Smith, Manager, HR & Administration|
|Department Contact Telephone or Emailemail@example.com|
|Office of Human Resources Contact Information||
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that describes your level of education that best or mostly closely satisfies the education requirements for this position.
- Bachelorâs degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Bachelor's degree in any field/discipline
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in any field/discipline
- None of the above