The NIH Public Access Policy is US federal law and states that manuscripts must be deposited to PubMed Central immediately after the manuscript has been accepted for publication. To ensure compliance, CPC Library staff will submit manuscripts to PubMed Central written by CPC affiliates.
Here’s what you need to know
As soon as possible after an article is accepted for publication, forward the acceptance email and the following information to email@example.com:
- Name and email of the reviewer, if not the PI. (The reviewer must approve the submission twice during the process.)
- Title of the journal
- Title of manuscript
- Who owns the copyright, if known
- All manuscript files:
- If publisher owns copyright: Accepted manuscript, title page, tables, figures, and supplementary material
- If author owns copyright (including open access publications): Final publication and supplementary material
- Accepted file types include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, TIFF, GIF, JPG, etc.
If you have questions, contact CPC Library staff: firstname.lastname@example.org