Services at CPC
The center devotes its resources to fostering communication, innovation, and high-quality research. Extensive synergies occur across units to provide efficient, professional support to CPC scholars, trainees, and research staff. Details about each service unit are provided by the following links.
- Administrative Services:
- Finance & Human Resource Services: centerwide financial issues, accounting and fiscal management of research projects, travel services, and human resource administration
- Administrative Support: clerical services, center database management, supply orders, conference room scheduling, parking assignments, facilities management
- General Services: mailroom operations, courier services, photocopier maintenance, furniture moving
- Proposal & Project Services: assistance in identifying funding opportunities, proposal development for investigators submitting through the center, post-award management services
- Research Services:
- Carolina Demography: a program of demographic application and outreach focusing on population characteristics and change in North Carolina, its regions, counties and communities.
- Information Technology Services: computer systems administration, user support, and security
- Research Communications & Library Services: research and library resources, services, and assistance
- Research Programming Services: services for data-related activities of research projects, including data entry, cleaning, management, and dissemination, and statistical analyses
- Spatial Analysis Services: geographic information technology applications, spatial database design and development, spatial modeling, satellite image processing and analysis, global positioning systems data collection, and cartographic production
- Web Services: custom web application programming, web site design and implementation, web application administration
- Methodological Consultative Services
For more information about research tools developed at CPC, see Research Tools.