Oct 30, 2017
In November, UNC’s Carolina Population Center moves to its new home at Carolina Square, the former location of University Square. For the first time since its earliest years, CPC will be housed under a single roof, uniting a network of 300 Faculty Fellows, staff, and trainees. From its origins in a small house at 500 Pittsboro Street to the LEED-certified six-story office building, CPCers are eager to advance population science in their new workspace.
Carolina Population Center affiliates will move from five buildings to 123 W. Franklin St. The moves will span early- to mid-November, so be sure to check the location of meetings and events.
CPC’s new address is:
123 W. Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
CPC has offices on the 2nd (Suite 210) and the 3rd floors (Suite 330) of Carolina Square.
CPCers will be moving from:
- 206 W. Franklin: Director’s office, Deputy Directors, Human Resources, Proposal unit, Research Services, Add Health Project, the Interdisciplinary Research (Friday) Seminar Series. The CPC Library will be closed until Monday, November 6th.
- 308 W. Rosemary: Life course studies, Sociology; and the Measurement, Learning and Evaluation Project
- 137 E. Franklin: Economics, Nutrition, Public Policy, and social sciences; The China Health and Nutrition Study, and Cebu Longitudinal Health and Nutrition Survey
- 211 W. Cameron: Population and Environment, Geography, Economics, Public Health, and the Social Transfer Projects
- 400 Meadowmont Village Circle: MEASURE Evaluation
CPC affiliates look forward to collaborating “across the aisle” – and now across the hallway! – as an interdisciplinary research center. UNC’s Epidemiology department and the Collaborative Studies Coordinating Center will also move to Carolina Square and will share some common spaces with CPC.
CPC has documented construction progress on the 125,000 square-foot Franklin St. structure. To get a glimpse of the construction as it happened, view a timelapse here.